Friday, August 27, 2010

So Long, Summer!

The past three days in Oklahoma have been a beautiful, sunny 85ish degrees - absolutely perfect weather in the mornings, a bit warm in the afternoon but perfect in the shade, and a slight breeze that lets you know that Fall is in the air. To say that this makes me happy is a gigantic understatement. The thought of fall coming, to me, is like the thought of an upcoming birthday to a 5 year old. I'm practically giddy. I'm trying not to be too naive here, knowing that there is sure to be at least a few more days of fairly sweltering heat before the crisp fall weather sets in for good, but I have been given a preview of what's to come and I couldn't be happier. We've actually had our windows open for the past 3 days, and open windows just make me feel good. And as I move into the last 7 weeks (7 WEEKS!!) of this pregnancy - which, naturally, I assume will vary between highly uncomfortable and just plain miserable - I find comfort in knowing that I can enjoy (har har) them in what might be quite pleasant weather. It's one thing to be 8 1/2 months pregnant and uncomfortable. It's quite another to be 8 1/2 months pregnant, uncomfortable, and HOT. All of that said, I can't wait to head up to the attic (more like send my lovely husband up for me) to fetch all of the beautiful fall decorations that will grace my house for the next few months, catch as many high school football games as possible with my guys, and spend every possible moment outside, soaking up these gorgeous days. It is with great pleasure that I bid farewell to August and its miserable heat and welcome September with open arms!

Here's another precious little person who loves fall...


hard to believe how much he's grown since we took these pictures last year at the pumpkin patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment