Sunday, August 1, 2010

Wedding Gift Idea

I found this idea for a wedding gift - the framed wedding date - in my Southern Living magazine and immediately fell in love, as I am a sucker for personalized gifts.


However, the Southern Living version was $85 and I felt sure I could make my own version for a lot cheaper.

So my friend, Rebecca, and I went out around post and in Lawton and took pictures of some neat looking numbers, which was a little time consuming, but free, I had the pictures printed for about 20 cents a piece, and bought the frame at Hobby Lobby, regular $40, but I got it half off. So, I spent a total of about $21, and I think it turned out pretty good! I'll be giving it to some friends at their wedding next weekend, hope they like it!


What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. I love it! If I were getting married, that is exactly the kind of gift I'd want. And I prefer your version, especially the Texas license plate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie! I love it! You could even do it up for a baby and put their birthday in it. OMGoodness! The things you could do for that! I'm on a mission now...Thanks! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are a FAVORITE of mine too....especially the ones with last names....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Im with you, LOVE personalized gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. LOVE. May have to borrow this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete