Monday, September 13, 2010

A is for Army

I got an idea from my friend's blog to start my own "Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life" in which I write each day (or whenever I get around to it) about something in my life that begins with each letter of the alphabet. This serves as a way for me to look at some of the things going on in my life and gives me a jumping off point for ideas to write about/reflect on.

So let's just get this thing started, shall we?!

is for Army

I've loved the Army,and I've hated it. The Army has been good to us, and the Army has thrown many wrenches in our plans. The Army takes care of our family, and the Army puts pressure on us. The Army allows my husband to be home for many special occasions, and the Army demands that he be gone for countless others.

Overall, while I wouldn't say it's an easy lifestyle, it's been one that we've adjusted to quite well and that we've grown to love... which, as it turns out, is a very good thing because we've definitely decided to stay in. We've hemmed and hawed and pro'd and con'd and, in the end, we've decided that the best option for us at this point is to keep on keepin' on. This means we will continue to live at Fort Sill for at least another year, at which time Tyler will move on to his Captain's Career Course which will take us to Fort Lee, Virginia, and we will owe the Army at least one more year after that.

We both agree that this is the most practical solution for our growing family, and I'm excited to see where our decision may take us!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for posts! And how exciting that you've decided to stay in the Army for a while longer. It sounds like you've got a good thing going. I'm actually applying to some grad schools in Virginia - maybe we'll be neighbors again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea...I don't however 'love' the decision you've made :( It obviously wasn't an easy decision for you to make but we'll pray that things go in your favor. We love you guys and I guess we'll have to love you even if you are moving to The Old Dominion State (c'mon...how fun is that name ;) )!

    ReplyDelete