Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sugar & Spice

As most of you know, yesterday was a big day for us. I had my 20 week anatomy ultrasound and we were told that we are expecting a GIRL! Well, I wouldn't say that we were "expecting" a girl but that's what we're getting. I, personally, was in somewhat of a state of shock for the remainder of the ultrasound and a few hours after. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be happier! But for some reason, I had it in my mind that we just made boys. My sister has two boys and we would have two boys and that would be that. Mostly I secretly hoped that because I know I was a living terror as a baby and again when I was a teenager. Not that you'd believe me - I mean, seriously, look at this, could this baby be bad??



But I was! And you know what they say about payback... So as it turns out, I think God has quite the sense of humor. And He's given me this baby girl and now He gets to watch me squirm a little! As it is, Wyatt has been about the easiest baby a mama could ask for. So if anyone out there told me they think this little bundle of baby girl joy is going to be like her brother I'd tell them I think they are dead wrong.

But speaking of her brother, when Tyler and I got home from the hospital, I gave big brother the happy news. I said, "Wyatt did you know that you are going to have a baby SISTER?! Are you excited?!" He said, "No." I said, "Sure you are! You're going to be the best big brother in the whole world!" He said, "No." But don't be disheartened. "No" is the universal word for everything in Wyatt's world right now. So, I'm taking a 'no means yes' approach and saying that he is ecstatic about his baby sister! Whether he knows it right now or not I do believe that he is going to be a terrific big brother - he's got some big love in that little bitty heart and who better than to get a whole big ol' bunch of it than this precious little angel who will be joining us in just 20 short weeks?!



And after all, look how good of a big brother he already is to his other sister, Addy...




So, shock aside, suffice it to say that I am just about as happy as one mama could ever be, and if you think I'm glowing, you should see the proud papa who's already got himself wrapped up tight around this baby girl's tiny finger. Our cup truly runneth over.

1 comment:

  1. First of all - Congratulations! I think a little girl will be the perfect addition to your precious family. I can't wait to see her!

    Second - Baby Wyatt looks so much like Baby Carrie it's scary! I thought for a moment that WAS Wyatt. How fun!

    ReplyDelete