Thursday, November 25, 2010

Today and Every Day, Give Thanks

Well, it's been a while since I last posted. A long while, actually, and for obvious reasons. For the past five weeks I've been attempting to acclimate myself to life as a mother of two, and you wouldn't believe how little time that leaves me for blogging (or for anything outside of diaper changing and baby feeding and laundry doing, for that matter). But you know what? I could not possibly be happier.

I've found myself with a bit of downtime today, and I thought - what better day to pick back up on my blog and make note of the many things I have to be thankful for today and every day.


I am abundantly thankful for my two beautiful, healthy children. They bring more joy to my life than I ever knew possible. I know now that I was made to be a mother and that these two babies were made just for me.

I am thankful for a loving, hardworking husband who provides for our family's every need and whose job allows me to stay home and raise our children. He is my best friend and my helpmate and I am proud to say that we will soon be celebrating three years of happy marriage.

I am thankful for a supportive family. Being a parent myself now, I am fully aware of how much love and sacrifice goes into having children and I will forever be grateful to my parents for theirs.

I am thankful for many friends, old and new. I am blessed to have old friends who feel like family and new friends who have helped ease the transition to a new lifestyle, as well as the ability to maintain relationships with each no matter how far apart we are.

I am thankful for members of the military who, on a daily basis, make sacrifices the rest of us could never begin to understand, and who don't always get to spend holidays like these with their families because they're busy serving our country and protecting our freedoms.

There's so many more things I could list, as I feel like there's a new blessing to count each day.
Thankfulness overwhelms me and I'm glad this day comes around once a year to remind us all how much there really is to be thankful for. I truly am blessed beyond measure and for that I give thanks. Today and every day.


















2 comments:

  1. So many things to be thankful for! I hope you and your family had the happiest of holidays. Lots of love to you and the little ones!

    ReplyDelete